I believe in the transformative power of birth.
As a former military spouse and now the wife to a first responder, I bring to my clients the ability to change direction and go with the flow with ease. I have been serving women in pregnancy, birth, postpartum, and early childhood for over 14 years before pursuing a career as a professional doula.
I believe that all mothers deserve to be pampered, loved, and cared for – not only by their main support person, who loves them and knows them on an intimate level – but also by the reassurance, comfort, and encouragement of someone not intimately connected. I believe all mothers need individualized care based on their own specific circumstances; especially during labor and the postpartum period. Having someone who is educated in all aspects of pregnancy, labor, birth, and postpartum care can help ease anxiety and fear of the unknown during the birth process and postpartum period for all members of the family.
Having a baby for the first or the tenth time is a magical time of education and growth – when you learn you can love someone else on a whole new level. My experience and education, along with my passion for learning and growing with each endeavor enable me to offer personal support to women and families. Each client and each birth deserve the care that comes from one and one support.
I provide doula services as well as coordinate Connected Birth’s placenta encapsulation services. I am a trained Birth Arts International Doula, peer trained in placenta encapsulation, Certified in Spinning Babies and Rebozo.
When I am not supporting families I enjoy rollercoaster dates with my husband and together, supporting our children as they grow and learn to define who they are and who they will become. I enjoy ziplining, gardening, and being outside.
Trainings & Certifications
- DONA Birth and Postpartum Doula Training, 2017
- Birth Languages Childbirth Education Instructor, 2017
- ALPP Lactation Counselor, 2017
- TENS for Labor and Birth, 2017
- Postpartum Support Virginia Leader, 2016
- American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers, 2016
- Rebozo Certified, The Gena Kirby Method, 2015
- Placenta Encapsulation, 2015
- Acupressure for Labor and Birth, 2015
- Spinning Babies, 2015
- Belly Binding, 2015
- Postpartum Doula Webinar, Birth Arts International, 2014
- Birth Arts International Birth Doula, Trained, 2013
- Mommy and Me Support Group, 2014 – 2015