Diapers are essential for raising happy, healthy children. If you have access to diapers, this need fades into the background and can seem small.
For families who are experiencing diaper need, this seemingly small detail of life creates a cascade of barriers and concerns.
Imagine only having 1 -2 diapers per day to use for your precious little one. Imagine not having a washer or dryer so cloth diapering is not an option. Imagine how helpless you would feel in the face of this obstacle. How can you bring your child to daycare? Prevent diaper rash? The feeling of helplessness and concern for your child wash over you.
At Connected Birth we are committed to the health of all families and believe that no one should have to make choices between food, heat, or diapers.
We are excited to work with S.E.R.V.E., Inc to collect diapers for families in need in Stafford County.
The Story Behind Diaper Need:
Facts about diaper need from the National Diaper Bank Network:
- 1 in 3 families in the U.S. experience diaper need.
- Food stamps (SNAP) benefits cannot be used for diapers.
- Disposable diapers cost at least $70 to $80 per month.
- No state or federal child program dedicates dollars for the purchase of diapers.
- Without transportation, buying diapers at a convenience store rather than a large “big box” store can significantly increase the cost of diapers.
- Infants use up to 12 diapers per day, toddlers, 8.
Check out this infographic:
This holiday season, drop off diapers at the following locations — or contact us to arrange a personal pick up!
Diaper Drive Collection Locations:
Life Wellness Center, 147 Garrisonville Road Stafford VA 22554
Kid’s First Pediatrics, 2773 Jefferson Davis Hwy, Stafford, VA 22554
Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Fredericksburg, 25 Chalice Circle Drive, Fredericksburg, VA 22405
Or Contact email@example.com to arrange a pick-up!